No matter the name, I love the idea of banana cookies and these are just what you’d expect, soft, sweet, and a slightly complex, plus dairy free!
A soft banana oatmeal cookie recipe with chocolate chips, hazelnuts, and vanilla. Dairy free!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place sugar and shortening in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and beat until incorporated. Add vanilla, banana and oats and mix on low until combined. Sift dry ingredients into dough then beat to incorporate. Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix on low until evenly combined.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet about 1-inch apart and bake until golden on the bottom, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove immediately to a cooling rack.