Just me? Thought so.
Okay….so, how about this one? How many of you like to have a nice bubbly cocktail on a Friday after noon? Let me be clear I said after noon, not afternoon. This means like around 12:15 or so.
There we go, now I see the hands going up.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chilled strawberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons Peychaud's bitters
- 1 750ml bottle chilled prosecco
- Sliced strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook about 10 minutes until syrup has thickened slightly. Add strawberries and cook another 5 minutes or until strawberries are broken down and syrup is fragrant.
- Let strawberries cool in the syrup then strain mixture into a bowl. Let syrup cool completely before using. Save strawberries and eat as jam. *Syrup will keep covered in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or punch bowl and serve in chilled glasses. If you'd like to make individual drinks, pour about 2 teaspoons strawberry syrup in the bottom of a champagne flute. Add 2-3 shakes bitters then top with prosecco.