If you have recently felt something missing in your life like, I don’t know, a signature autumn cocktail well, mis amigos, I’m here to help. This morning I found myself on live TV talking about just that very thing. This morning I also found myself at the gym with my shirt on inside out and backwards. See? Stars are just like you.
That’s right, I was featured on North Dakota Today today, with two of the seriously nicest hosts in the world (Hi! Chris and Andrea), and made us some drinks! Like…. all my fall favorites including the Pomegranate Paloma, La Bruja and this Blackberry-Apple Hard Cider Sangria. This appley take on the traditional red wine cocktail is a boozy, fruity punch you must know about for your upcoming fall soirée (soirée’s french for tailgating, right?)
There is nothing more perfect for this moment, right now, than an icy, fruity, sangria that uses the flavors of fall we are all craving but is still cold and refreshing because, let’s face it, it’s still warm enough to warrant a frosty drink. This baby is loaded with apples—hard apple cider, sparkling apple soda, sliced fresh apples, and oh yeah, enough calvados to get the job done. Plus juicy blackberries and lemon slices for balance.
I used my favorite Mexican soda Sidral Mundet which I was delighted to find also comes in a green apple flavor that is tart and fizzy and perfect for this drink, but if you can’t find it you can use non-alcoholic sparkling apple cider instead.
Here’s to fall! Cheers!
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles hard apple cider, chilled
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles apple soda, such as Sidral Mundet or sparkling apple cider, chilled
- 1 cup Calvados apple brandy
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or serve immediately over ice.