So I had to go and open my big mouth, didn’t I?
If you’ve been following along, you’ll remember on Sunday how I was yakkety-yaking about our 50°F weather and how the world will still be a decent place to live even if it is nearing it’s end (as the Donald Trump presidency is predicting) as long as it is 50°F in February in the upper most reaches of our country. Blah, blah, blah.
You see where this is going don’t you? Today’s temperature is 10°F…..aaaaaannnnnddd we’re back. Furthermore, Super Tuesday? And in conclusion, I need a grilled cheese.
I need a grilled cheese that contains not one, but two kinds of cheese, simultaneously sets my mouth on fire and contains bacon. Who’s with me?
All the essentials of a classic, bar-style popper are here; cream cheese, aged cheddar, jalapeños, and bacon. Tucked neatly inside two slices of buttered, toasted bread. It’s like a handheld jalapeño popper to go.
I’ll take two, please.
A Pre-Apocalypse Comfort Food Menu
Raspberry-Prickly Pear Agua Fresca (add vodka at will)
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
All the essentials of a classic jalapeño popper stuffed inside a grilled cheese sandwich. Cream cheese, Cheddar, jalapeños, and bacon.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Evenly spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on the other side of both sliced of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down in the frying pan. Top with cheese, jalapeños, bacon, and second slice of bread, cream cheese-side down.
- Fry until toasted and golden, then carefully flip and toast the second side, about 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and let sit a couple minutes before cutting and eating.