Hey There! How was your week?
I know everyone is all Stranger Things right now but Armando and I are finally caught up on Power. Are you guys watching that show? It’s like Empire with a lot more sex and violence and foul language and I hate to say it—better music.
I tried to read a book this week. I started The Yiddish Policeman’s Union by Michael Chabon last Sunday, so far I’ve read one chapter and the rest of the time just stared at it on my nightstand for a minute or two before I pass out at night. Admittedly hasn’t been going that well. What are you reading? Maybe someday, I’ll get around to picking it up.
I had to go to three different stores this week looking for canned pumpkin so you know fall is right around the corner. I’ve got a mix of the end of summer (eggplant) with the beginning of fall (apples) for this week’s recipes.
Have a great one!
- Mezcal in my Mimosa? Why didn’t I think of that! Grapefruit Mezcal Mimosarita from Probably This
- I don’t normally crave chia pudding but this one looks pretty damn good. Chia Breakfast Parfait with Apple Crunch from Green Kitchen Stories
- I would eat eggplant from now until eternity if given half the chance. Polenta-Crusted Eggplant Fries with Harissa Aioli from A Sweet Spoonful
- Cheese, cheese, and more cheese. Mexican Zucchini Lasagna from Food Faith Fitness
- Love the flavors here with a little rice pilaf and a glass of wine, yes. Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce with Mint and Orange from Brooklyn Supper
- Exotic and easy. Chocolate Chip Fig Cake with Saffron from Always Order Dessert
- Who needs chicken wings? Cauli-Ranch Buffalo Dip from Beard and Bonnet
- Its like mole met barbecue sauce. Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce Chicken Sliders from Good Life Eats
- Because this is how nachos should be made. Sheet Pan Nachos from Damn Delicious
- Let’s not forget lunch. Cheesy Avocado Bagel Tuna Melts from Half Baked Harvest