Welp, next Sunday will be Easter. So if you are as late to the game as I am, we should probably start planning something.
No truly, please tell me what your plans are so I can copy them because I don’t seem to have the brain space to stuff candy in an egg, let alone hide it.
I asked the kids if they thought they were too old for Easter egg hunts and they emphatically declared, “NO!” I think they just want the candy. So I got out the “Easter” box with the hopes that seeing plastic shreds of colorful grass and egg halves would inspire some sort of rebirth in me.
Excitement over Easter planning has yet to happen, but what we did find was lots of candy leftover from last year, which I was hoping to save for this year’s baskets (one less trip to Target, thankyouverymuch). Unfortunately my scoundrel children also discovered it and declared that “Year-old Snickers are still good!!”
I spotted this Stuffed Spiral Ham in the latest issue of Better Homes & Gardens that I think I will make. Strangely enough, I’ve never made ham for Easter, but this one looked ridiculously good.
Other Easter Ideas:
- Roasted Asparagus with Sweet Jalapeño Dressing and Garlicky Breadcrumbs
- Avocado Deviled Eggs with Dukkah
- Bananas Foster Upside Down Cake
- Easter Cocktail
We also have to eat the rest of this week, so here are so ideas for that too. Have a good one everybody!!
- Vegan Bolognese from Give Recipe
- Thai Lemongrass Margarita from Zestful Kitchen
- Mango Chutney Chicken Sheet Pan from The Modern Proper
- Madras Kheema Curry from Food Fashion Party
- Easy Panko Crusted Baked Cod from My Diary of Us
- Apple Salad with Smoked Almonds and Gorgonzola from Food and Flair
- Veal Saltimbocca with Prosciutto and Sage from Inside the Rustic Kitchen
- Instant Pot Jambalaya from Feasting At Home
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice from Our Salty Kitchen
- Garlicky Ginger Noodle Soup with Swiss Chard from Fork Knife Swoon
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!