Hey Fam, Happy Easter! I hope you’re enjoying the day!
We’re feeling very fortunate around these parts. Our big spread in Better Homes & Gardens came out this week and I’m still floating on cloud nine.
A little back story: The home office of BH&G is in Des Moines, Iowa, where I was born and raised. In high school I took photography classes at a technical school across the street from The Better Homes offices and I used to pass by every day thinking how cool it would be to work there. It is no understatement to say this is the dream of a lifetime for my work to appear in the magazine. This is a huge full circle achievement and I am humbled by all your incredible, heartfelt comments of support. So truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
For all of you dreaming big dreams out there, I hope this gives you energy. Don’t give up! Make time in your day, every day, to work a little bit on that dream. It matters. You matter. Take your successes when they come and if they haven’t yet, that’s cool too. The most important thing is to keep at it. Never bow your head, that’s when your crown falls off.
In the meantime, we’ve all got to eat, right?! And feed our people. I hope this week’s list gives you some dinner inspiration. Have a good one!
- Chicken Marsala from Self Proclaimed Foodie
- Blood Orange Amaretto Cocktails from Baked Bree
- Pad See Ew from Table For Two
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Kevin is Cooking
- Crispy Keto Salmon Patties from Savory Tooth
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe from Lauren’s Latest
- Crispy Blackened Steelhead Trout with Cilantro Cream Sauce from Cooking with Cocktail Rings
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup from Platings and Pairings
- Baked Orange Chicken from Dinner, then Dessert
- Rosemary Lemon Chicken Patties from The Daley Plate
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!
leave a reply