What a weekend and it’s only Sunday morning!
Friday was the Winter Boutique at Louisa’s school. We had a booth where we sold homemade tamales, churros, and mulled cider alongside a dear friend who made the most adorable felt vegetables that held mulling spices making them smell oh so lovely. It was such a fun event where families got to share a bit of their creative side and all the money went to fund school activities.
Yesterday we baked and baked and baked Christmas treats. I’ve been wanting to get cookies baked to send to our families who live far away and we won’t see for the holidays. I like to make everyone’s favorites, so it’s Orange Sour Cream Drops for my dad, spicy-sweet candied cayenne pecans for Armando’s mom, Gingerbread Men for our nieces and nephews, and English Toffee for my mom. What is your favorite Christmas treat?
This afternoon we’re heading to The Feedfeed’s Christmas Cookie Exchange where we’ll share what we’ve made and get some new treats too! Make sure you follow along in my Instagram stories to see what we fill our bellies with!
If you’re looking at those tejocotes pictured above, then you know it’s Ponche season! Have you made any yet? If not, try this Mexican Mulled Fruit Punch. I couldn’t call myself one of the best Mexican food blogs if I didn’t have the most delicious Ponche Navideño recipe for you, right?!
And finally, we’ve got to eat real food in between all the cookies and drinks! I’ve got 10 new recipes that will get you through dinner next week from some of my favorite foodies. Plus a natural cold remedy, one more cookie recipe, and a festive cocktail with a kick!
- Lemon Herb Roasted Pork from Kevin is Cooking
- Christmas Tacos from Oh So Delicioso
- Instant Pot Dynamite Cold Tonic from 101 Cookbooks
- Teriyaki Meatball Bowls from Budget Bytes
- Express Carne Asada from Mexican Please
- Pressure Cooker Korean Beef Bulgogi from The Roasted Root
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies from Inspired by Charm
- Fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuits from Foolproof Living
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with White Miso Vinaigrette from The Pig and Quill
- The Spicy Sweet Grinch Cocktail from Half Baked Harvest