Sunday is upon us again, and for us, it’s the first Sunday of the summer. Happy Father’s Day to all my papas out there!
The kids are done with school as of last week and so far they aren’t driving me too crazy….yet. We’ll see how week two goes. My friend posted this picture of herself working from her bathroom which made me laugh. For all you work-from-home parents: How do you manage to get anything done during the summer months? Leave me some suggestions below, I’d love some advice.
As for kitchen happenings, there’s nothing like summer cooking. Produce is off the charts, extra daylight means meals can be more leisurely, and anything cooked over an open flame tastes better. This week’s 10 Recipes To Try is peeking at summer with still a toe dipped into spring. We’ve got a Vegan Tortilla Soup for the chilly nights and Creamy Fudgesicles for the sunny days.
This week on the blog we talked a lot about summer entertaining so make sure you check out this Mexican Appetizer Board, so easy and simple to put together, especially if you have lots of kids in the house during the summertime. This Cold Mexican Turkey Torta is my new favorite picnic sandwich, and Grilled Pierogy Mexican Street Corn will definitely be on repeat all summer long.
Have a great week!
- Sweet Potato and Corn Tetelas with Guacamole from Life, Limon, y Sal
- Cuban Mojo Marinade from A Sassy Spoon
- Vegan Tortilla Soup from Piloncillo y Vainilla
- Grapefruit Cinnamon Margarita with Salted Cinnamon Rim from Prickly Fresh
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin from Isabel Eats
- Jicama Cherry Salsa from It’s a Veg World After All
- Creamy Keto Fudgesicles from What Great Grandma Ate
- Perfect Grilled Tuscan Steak from Plays Well With Butter
- Chicken Chop Suey from Mexican Food Memories
- Birria de Res Con Consomé from La Piña en la Cocina
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!