Hey All!! It’s Sunday and that means I’ve slept past 5am, had way too much coffee, and am feeling somewhere between ecstatic and jittery.
The scene above was from last Wednesday’s Farmer’s Market. Piles of avocados means one thing: Lots of guacamole. But if you’re looking for some new ways to work avocados into every bite, have you tried my Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies yet? Also these Guacamole Deviled Eggs would be a perfect fit for your Fourth of July spread!
In garden news: nothing has happened since last week besides the dog chewing a hole in one of the fabric pots and then jumping into another one and shoveling the planted bed over the side. They now get tied up when left alone outside. Turds.
Let’s talk about what we’re cooking this week!
Since it’s officially full-on summer mode, I’ve got lots of salads on the menu and then we are also balancing out with a few meatball situations as well. Heck, put them together and you’ll have a solid meal! Hopefully you’ll find some inspiration for your Independence Day celebrations. What are you guys doing anyway? We will grab a blanket and walk the couple blocks to our local fireworks spot. I can’t wait!
Have a wonderful week everyone!
- Greek Sliders from My Sweet Greek
- Veggie Meatball Curry from Food Fashion Party
- New England Style Haddock Sandwiches from My Diary of Us
- Peppered Rose Paloma from Drinking with Chickens
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from As Easy As Apple Pie
- Baked Chicken Meatballs in a Rich Tomato Sauce from Inside the Rustic Kitchen
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken from Feasting at Home
- BLT Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing from Our Salty Kitchen
- Savory Dominican Sofrito from Mind Over Batter
- Mojito Fruit Salad from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles