Well hello there!
How are you? Feeling good?
Am I alone in feeling like the last week was just a blur? Louisa and I had an appointment at the eye doctor on Friday and I completely forgot about it. Just didn’t go. Who does that? I remembered at 7pm while we were tidying up the house. Mid-sweep I looked up at Louisa wide-eyed and said, “Oh, Crap!”
In kitchen news, what good things have you been making lately? I heard from several of you that you made my favorite Mexican Rice recipe. That’s such a good one, have you tried it? It gets baked in the oven so no worrying about burning the bottom or undercooking the rice.
Looking over this list, I’m excited for dinner this week. I love raw mushrooms but hardly ever have them, so the Mushroom salad with Soy Vinaigrette sounds so good. Also, having a tender, not-too-sweet shortbread on the counter to have with my afternoon cup of coffee makes life that much better. Which ones would you like to try?
Remember, if you make anything from my 10 Recipes To Try lists don’t forget to tag me and use the hashtag #10RecipesToTry so we can see. I’ll be posting my cooking adventures on my Instagram Stories all week!
- Mushroom Salad with Soy Vinaigrette from Better Homes & Gardens
- Cajun Salmon Burgers from Budget Bytes
- Tequila Carne Asada from Sweet Life
- Golden Vegetable Soup from A Couple Cooks
- Sheet Pan Chicken Puttanesca from The View from Great Island
- Honey, Walnut, and Rosemary Shortbread from Baked
- Spicy Red Rice with Cod and Lemon Shrimp Served with Soft Boiled Eggs from Life, Limon Y Sal
- Meyer Lemon + Bacon Bucatini Pasta with Kale and Cauliflower from A Cozy Kitchen
- Dad’s One-Pot Hawaiian Chicken Dinner from Joy the Baker
- Tres Leches Hot Chocolate from The Faux Martha