Hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday that feels like Saturday because we don’t have to work on Monday.
What are your plans? Hopefully napping. Or whipping up some easy Mexican dishes in the kitchen. Those are my two favorite things to do, but you be you.
- My figs are still green—err! But, I celebrated my first squash blossom (hopefully there will be more and I can make some squash blossom recipes) and we adopted two new cactus friends and added them to the succulent garden. Oh, and ate our first ripe blackberries. They’re giant! And delicious!
- Speaking of easy Mexican dishes; if you are heading to a cook out this weekend, might I suggest the Roasted Tomatillo and Avocado Hummus pictured above? You can serve it like I did with crisp vegetables (there’s lots to choose from right now) or just pick up a bag of tortilla chips. Either way, super easy, delicious, and travels like a dream.
- Awhile back Better Homes and Gardens wrote about Cold Oven Chicken. Have you tried this? Essentially you put seasoned chicken breasts in a cold oven, turn it on and cook the chicken as the oven heats up. That sounds pretty ingenious for those nights when we get home from Muay Thai at 6:30 and I have nothing ready for dinner. Or really any night at 6:30, because I usually never have anything ready for dinner. I’ll keep you posted.
- As for this week’s recipe round-up, I’ve got a nice selection of easy weeknight dinners and more time-consuming labors of love if you’d like to spend the weekend trying something new. I’m going to give Heidi’s Vegetarian Paella a try tonight.
- Like I mentioned last week, we’ve decided to eat vegetarian at least three nights a week for multiple reasons (less expensive, healthier) but primarily because it’s better for the planet. You’ll see this reflected in our weekly recipe round up because I actually do use this list to figure out what to make for dinner every night. Have you made any changes to your diet for environmental reasons?
Let me know if you give any of these recipes a try by tagging them #10RecipesToTry. I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Have a great week!
- Sichuan-Style Spicy Cumin Lamb Noodles from Cooking with Cocktail Rings
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Curry Chicken Skewers with Lime from Platings + Pairings
- An Amazing Vegetarian Paella from 101 Cookbooks
- Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri from Oh So Delicioso
- Tossed Salad Nicoise with Lemony Tarragon Dressing from The View From Great Island
- Spicy Blistered Green Beans with Garlic from Alexandra’s Kitchen
- California Roll Jars from The Candid Appetite
- Crock Pot Pork Green Chili Verde from Foodiecrush
- Chicken and Lime Soup from Budget Bytes