I’m just going to jump right in and say….
The Figs are Here! The Figs are Here!
This is more exciting to me than possibly to you so apologies if you are thinking to yourself, “When will she shut up about the stupid figs already.”
But, shutting up I won’t do, not at least until I’ve racked all of you for your best fig ideas. I’ve been waiting (not so patiently) for months and I can finally say I have more plump, fragrant, black Mission figs than I know what to do with—and I couldn’t be more thrilled.
I’ve asked around, and here’s some ideas I’m excited about trying:
- Pickled figs (apparently fantastic with turkey). Move over cranberry sauce.
- Stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped in bacon, and baked
- Grilled and tossed with arugula, candied cayenne walnuts, and cheese
- Fig Chutney
- Fig Tart with Frangipane and apricot glaze
If you have any other ideas please leave me a comment below and then maybe I will finally stop. Any easy Mexican recipes perhaps?
Other than figs, I’ve got 10 really spectacular recipe ideas from some of my favorite food friends, so scroll down and see what you think. Here you will find some easy Mexican recipes like Roasted Tomato Recaudo from Susana and a Chicken Tinga recipe I’m dying to try from Chicano Eats and yes, even a fig recipe from Jessica.
If you make any of them, please don’t forget to tag #10RecipesToTry and let me know what you think!
One last little tidbit are these semi-homemade hot dog buns pictured above. This is a super fun hack to up your hot dog game for all you tailgaters out there.
Brush the top of store-bought hot dog buns with egg wash and sprinkle with anything from coarse salt to poppyseeds to everything spice, then bake for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
Have a great week everyone!
- Pork Ribs with Guajillo Sauce from Mama Latina Tips
- Tofu Bánh Mi Salad from Brewing Happiness
- Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Burgers with Crispy Onion Straws from All Purpose Flour Child
- Easy Peach Blueberry Galette from Foolproof Living
- Beer Braised Chicken Tinga from Chicano Eats
- Christo House Salad from Heather Christo
- Easy Salmon Patties from Fox and Briar
- Roasted Tomato Recaudo from Life, Limon, y Sal
- Stuffed Fig Focaccia Bread from How Sweet Eats
- Black Bean Tomato Soup from Piloncillo y Vainilla
leave a reply