We had the discussion around the dinner table last week if a “Soupatarian” was really a thing.
Immediately identifying as one, I said, “Of course!” I could easily eat soup at least three times a week, if not more. I never tire of it. How about you? Could you become a soupatarian?
If I hadn’t just admitted my love for steaming bowls of broth, then this list certainly rats me out. With three out of the ten recipes being for the cozy stuff, I hope I’m not the only soup lover out there.
A great soup is soul-affirming when it’s cold outside so I see no better time to celebrate it than now—in the dead of winter. A few of my favorite Mexican soup recipes are:
- Lamb and White Bean Chili with Masa Dumplings
- Oxtail Soup with Cilantro Chimichurri
- Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
- Mexican Potato Soup with Melty Cheese (pictured above)
If you like soup only a little, don’t worry there’s still plenty of easy dinner inspiration for you too. Check out this week’s 10 recipes and get to meal prepping. If you try any of them, don’t forget to tag @holajalapeno, #holajalapeno, and #10recipestotry on Instagram!
Have a great week and bundle up!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Isabel Eats
- Roasted Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa from Sarcastic Cooking
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup from The Almond Eater
- Baked Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings from No Spoon Necessary
- Traditional Focaccia Bread from Brown Eyed Baker
- Creamy Tinola Potato Soup from Rezel Kealoha
- Instant Pot Beef Ragu from Our Salty Kitchen
- Quick and Easy Chicken Pho from Zestful Kitchen
- Beef Kofta Kababs with Tzatziki from The Modern Proper
- Penne Pomodoro from Inside the Rustic Kitchen