October has always been my favorite month. What about you?
I was so determined to be married in October (our anniversary is tomorrow), that we halted the grape harvest at the winery where we got married to have our ceremony. Looking back on it, that was kind of a jerk move. They really wanted us to do it in July when things were slower but I was having none of it.
There’s just something so charming about this time of year. Even here in California we have leaves that change color and there’s a nip in the air in the mornings. I always feel a sense of calm in October and I’d like to believe starting our lifelong journey together in October has blessed our marriage.
We have no real plans for celebration tomorrow. We’re at that bustling time in life when it’s hard to have a moment’s peace, let alone plan a date night, hire a babysitter, apply make up, etc. But I hope to at least make something special at home. Maybe a chocolate cake?
As for the rest of the week I’ve found some killer recipes I can’t wait to try. We’ve got some easy Mexican dishes like, Egg Tacos from Alexandra’s Kitchen and Roasted Hatch Chile Salsa from Mexican Please as well as some fall favorites like Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread–OMG!!
And just in case you missed it, you’ve got to try this new recipe pictured above for Mexican Pulled Pork Sandwiches. The pork is so tangy and good and—bonus—made in the slow cooker!
- Egg Tacos with Roasted Poblano and Corn Salsa from Alexandra’s Kitchen
- Roasted Hatch Chile Salsa from Mexican Please
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread from The View From Great Island
- Lomo Saltado Kabobs from The Candid Appetite
- Yellow Tomato Bloody Mary from 101 Cookbooks
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom Ramen from Budget Bytes
- Lime Agua Fresca from Mama Latina Tips
- Instant Pot Indian Chicken Pulao from Skinnytaste
- Grilled Balsamic Beef Skewers from Country Cleaver
- Island Glaze Chicken and Coconut Rice from Creme de la Crumb