Good Day My Fine Friends!
How are we this sunny Sunday? Well, it’s sunny here in always sunny Southern California, is the sun shining where you are? What about metaphorically?
The most outrageous thing that happened this past week was the plethora of earthquakes we experienced; 25 to be exact and those were just the ones that were a 2.0 in magnitude or higher, I think there were 75 overall. Mother Earth must be listening to some Cumbia or something, because she is shaking it! The even more crazy thing, is no one has really talked about it, like it’s no big deal that the rumbling ground has woken us out of bed two mornings in a row. I guess it’s better to blow off some steam than to blow our top!
In kitchen news, we are getting ever closer to my favorite day of the year—Thanksgiving! Have you guys formulated your menu yet? What is the one thing you can’t live without? What is the most special thing that’s always on your table? For me, it would be a toss up between stuffing and cranberry sauce for most prized-only-on-Thanksgiving recipe and as far as special or unique, I always make Mole Colorado. I started making it years ago, because Armando is lactose-intolerant and couldn’t eat the Whiskey Cream Gravy I adore, but now has gained a permanent spot at the table.
As far as this week’s meal plan, I’ve got 10 new recipes from some of my favorite cooks that I can’t wait to try! In the mix this week we have some Mexican dinner ideas like Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon from Creme de la Crumb and Tex-Mex Meatball Subs from The Candid Appetite as well as a new take on an Old Fashioned from Gastronom Cocktails that might need to be recipe tested for Thanksgiving.
Enjoy your week everyone! Many thanks as always for reading and cooking with me!
- Tex-Mex Meatball Subs from The Candid Appetite
- Filipino Pork Adobo from Kitchen Confidante
- Roasted Apple and Radicchio Salad from The View from Great Island
- Epic Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Joyful Healthy Eats
- One-Pan Lemon Chicken Orzo with Artichokes from Alexandra’s Kitchen
- Picadillo from A Cozy Kitchen
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin from Budget Bytes
- Cranberry Rosemary Old Fashioned from Gastronom Cocktails
- Orange Ginger Grilled Chicken from The Roasted Root
- Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon from Creme de la Crumb