Hopefully you slept in this morning, I know I did! I love this day, getting an extra hour in the morning is such an enormous blessing even if it means darkness will come much sooner.
We had a wonderful Día de los Muertos celebration yesterday. For the first time ever, Ventura threw a Day of the Dead street party and it was so much fun. They really went all out and we danced and danced and danced then came home and feasted on Braised Guajillo Lamb Tostadas, Sofrito Black Beans, Pico de Gallo, and Pumpkin Spice Pan de Muerto.
And with that we are in November! Are you starting to make Thanksgiving plans? If there’s anything you need this month cooking-wise please don’t hesitate to ask.
As for this week, there’s more soup than usual—and that’s a good thing. It’s been colder than normal in most parts of the country, not to mention soup is my ideal weeknight meal, because leftovers make the perfect lunch.
Don’t forget about the yummy slow cooker shredded chicken tacos pictured above either, they are a win, win, win!
- Lemon Herb Hummus Vinaigrette from Nutmeg Nanny
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup from Sarcastic Cooking
- Caldo de Res Verde from Sweet Life Bake
- Easy Orange Chicken from The Modern Proper
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Bars from My Diary of Us
- Aloo Gobi (Indian-Spiced Potatoes and Cauliflower) from Feasting At Home
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup from Table for Two
- Beef Meatballs with Apricot Chipotle Sauce from Kevin Is Cooking
- Roasted Miso Cauliflower from Platings and Pairings
- Rosemary Lemon Chicken Patties from The Daley Plate