Hi Friends! I’ve hit a bit of a rough patch this week. How are you doing?
I’ve been finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with life, my work, my family, my mental and physical health. Do you ever feel like you really suck…at like, everything? My parenting skills, blogging skills, wife skills are all seriously lacking. Then they went and added stories to Instagram, which means one more thing I need to keep up with! Ugh, can I quit now?
In a world where I know people are truly suffering this all seems very trivial and I feel stupid for writing it down but I’m struggling this week and that’s the reality. Maybe you are too.
At least there can be joy at the table. A moment of peace over a freshly baked muffin or some solace in a bowl of soup. Or maybe you can zone out like I did watching Mandy make strikingly beautiful pasta with a pair of tongs.
Whatever your week holds I hope its a good one. xoxo, Kate
- Love this lightened-up version of a summer favorite. Mexican Corn Salad from Sweet Life Bake
- My most re-pinned recipe on Pinterst last week: Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins from Bakerita
- Hatch Green Chile and Cheese Empanadas from Muy Bueno
- Mentioned above: How To Use Kitchen Tools To Make Fresh Pasta from Lady and Pups
- How to use those garden tomatoes. Heirloom Parmesan Tomatoes from The View From Great Island
- Charred chiles are everything but give them a douse of soy sauce?!! Chiles Toreados from Mexican Food Memories
- 3-Ingredient Elderflower Sangria from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Peach Melba Popsicles from Smitten Kitchen
- This post spoke to my heart and my tummy. Green Pozole from Turntable Kitchen
- Pecans make any salad 100%. Spinach Pecan Brown Rice Salad from Vanilla and Bean