People in Southern California really do talk about the traffic…like all the time. I’ve even found myself doing it and I hardly drive anywhere. I think it’s because talking about the weather is a nonstarter. What would that conversation be?
“Looks like its going to be sunny and perfect again.”
Another interesting tidbit for my North Dakota/Iowa/anywhere-besides-here contingent. We went to visit Louisa’s new school building and were surprised to find no “building” at all. More like a series of small structures connected by pathways; in other words, everything is outside. They eat lunch outside, have to walk outside to get to the library, office, bathroom, you name it. When we expressed our surprise to our LA friends their kids couldn’t believe you would spend all day inside. Their bewilderment was doubled however, when we told them North Dakota school policy requires recess to be held as long as it is -15°F or above. That is to say, eyes wide all around.
What is happening with you this week? Summer is winding down and to that I say thank you dear lord. I can say that now, knowing I will get all the benefits of children and husbands going back to school/work and none of the misfortune of cold weather. I’m a fan.
Here’s the 10 recipes we should be making this week:
- Going to test this one out for all the lunch boxes in my future. Almond Coconut Granola Bars from Cookie and Kate
- I’m a soup lover no matter what the season. Roasted Tomatillo Tortilla Soup from Brooklyn Supper
- Great, great tips here. How to Make and Freeze Pizza Dough from Fifteen Spatulas
- The Midwest girl in me loves a mean casserole, especially ones that involve a breadcrumb topping. Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole from Bev Cooks
- Because it will continue to be hot for weeks to come. 33 Boozy Frozen Treats from Foodiecrush
- Here’s how we do summertime chicken. Za’atar Grilled Chicken from Closet Cooking
- Are you watching as much Olympics as we are? 15 Quick Brazilian Recipes from From Brazil To You
- Our fruit-filled summer dessert dreams are answered. Gluten-free and vegan too! Strawberry Cobbler from Bakerita
- What more beautiful way could you possibly eat tomatoes? Heirloom Tomato and Hazelnut Galette from The Floating Kitchen
- Oh man, oh man. Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich from Beard and Bonnet
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!
leave a reply