- 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 375°F and arrange rack in the middle. Combine apples, cranberries, sugar, orange zest and juice, and ginger in a large bowl and toss until fruit is well coated. Pour fruit into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, hazelnuts, salt, and cinnamon in a separate medium bowl and stir until sugar is broken up and everything is incorporated. Add oil and stir until the mixture sticks to itself when squeezed.
- Pick up handfuls of the oat mixture and squeeze together to create a clump. Then break-up the clump over the fruit so you get good-sized pieces of topping. Repeat until all topping is used and fruit is covered.
- Bake until topping is dark golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with soy ice cream for the vegans or regular ice cream for the rest of us.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 7gSugar: 44gProtein: 4g