So here is my recipe. You can use it for pasta, pizza, over polenta, on chicken or eggplant parm, the possibilities are endless. Oh, and freezes beautifully.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and garlic and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add tomato paste and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add crushed tomatoes (juices and all) and bay leaf. Stir to combine and lower heat to low. Cover and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 30 minutes. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g