This may seem ridiculously simple, but it was so pretty and delicious I just had to post the “recipe”.
Try as I might to only buy produce in season, I sometimes have to break my code and satisfy my cravings a little early—I live in North Dakota people, I can’t only eat cucumbers and tomatoes two weeks out of the year.
I saw these delightful little cherry tomatoes in the store and they pleaded with me to buy them, so I did—judge away.
Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
The simplest way to enjoy fresh summer produce. Cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado drizzled with oil and sprinkled with salt.
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 medium english cucumber, peeled, quartered, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 to 12 large cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 an avocado, peeled and diced
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Arrange the vegetables on a large plate, drizzle with several splashes of good extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.