I am a lover of food, not football, so Super Bowl Sunday is all about the snacks for me. Fat, Salt and Crunch can invite me over anytime to watch football as long as they have ice-cold beer and maybe a Martha Stewart Living magazine I can browse through between commercials.
This snack mix ups the ante by throwin’ in something sweet—now all food groups have been covered.
Thinking Ahead: This snack mix can be made up to 5 days in advance. Tightly cover and keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
This may seem like a ton of mustard powder, but it takes a ton to get any of its flavor to come through, so don’t skimp!
- 7 cups plain bagel chips, broken in half, about 1 1/2 (6-ounce) bags
- 6 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups roasted and lightly-salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dry mustard powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat oven to 375°F and arrange racks in the upper and lower third. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix together bagel chips, pretzels and peanuts in a large bowl. In a separate medium bowl, mix together oil, honey, mustard powder and salt until smooth. Pour over pretzel mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Scatter snack mix in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and bake, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until toasted and browned, about 20 minutes. You will want to rotate the baking sheets a couple times as well so the top tray doesn't burn. Let cool to room temperature, then break into small pieces and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 798Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 121gFiber: 6gSugar: 37gProtein: 24g