To be considered fried chicken you really must have only two components. First, the chicken and second, rolling oil. That dip in hot fat immediately seals in the juices and gives the chicken that blistered, crisp skin.
A soak in buttermilk is nice as is a fancy dredge but this is fast and easy and truly delicious.Print
The Easiest Fried Chicken Recipe
The easiest fried chicken recipe you will ever make. Just four ingredients will make exceptionally tender and delicious crispy fried chicken. Dairy Free!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 whole fryer chicken (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and black pepper
- Cut chicken into 10 pieces (2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings and each breast cut in half). Season generously with salt and black pepper.
- Place a deep cast iron or other large frying pan over medium heat. Pour in enough oil so it reaches 1-inch up the side of the pan. Heat oil to 350°F or until a piece of bread browns immediately when dropped in the oil.
- While oil is heating, place flour in a shallow dish and season generously with salt and pepper; stir to combine. Heat oven to 250°F.
- Once oil is hot, coat a few pieces of chicken in flour, shaking off the excess and carefully place in hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 pieces at a time until crispy, brown, and juices run clear, about 15 to 20 minutes. Place on a paper-towel lined baking sheet and place in warm oven. Continue with remaining chicken.