You could use any number of vegetables in this stir-fry. You could substitute blanched broccoli or cauliflower or sliced fresh mushrooms for the zucchini, and the sugar snap peas could easily be frozen peas or fresh snow peas.Print
Lemon-Garlic Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
An easy veggie stir-fry recipe tossed all together in a vibrant lemon-garlic sauce. Dairy free!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half vertically, then cut into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, stems and strings removed
- 1 (8-ounce can) water chestnuts, drained and sliced if whole
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Combine stock, soy sauce, sherry, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Once shimmering add ginger, garlic and zucchini and cook, stirring constantly, until zucchini starts to brown. Add sugar snap peas and water chestnuts and cook, stirring constantly, until the peas turn bright green in color, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the lemon mixture and cornstarch and stir to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, then remove from heat, stir in fish sauce and serve with steamed rice.