This is another one of my all-time favorites from my days at CHOW. Their beauty lies in their versatility, they go with practically anything—with eggs for breakfast, roast chicken at dinner—not to mention they literally take five minutes of active cooking time, so they can be tossed together in a flash and then just wait for them to cook.
Here I have made a smaller batch than the original and used medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes instead of the large russets so the recipe is a little different—perfect for 3 to 4 people.
Lemon-Oregano Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Thick wedges of potato tossed in a lemon and oregano mixture and roasted until crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Dairy and gluten free!
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon packed lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place all ingredients in a shallow 2-quart baking dish just large enough to hold potatoes in a single layer. Toss all ingredients together to coat potatoes, then arrange them in a single layer.
- Bake until potatoes are well browned and crispy on all sides, turning halfway through about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
leave a reply