I’m always on the look out for new, easy ways to prepare freezer-friendly fish like cod. I ran across this recipe on Serious Eats and fell in love with the lemon sauce that creates a bit of creaminess and a nice brown crust on top.
I’m not a fan of anchovies, but the anchovy paste in the sauce adds body that would be missing otherwise. Add some sauteed veggies and mashed potatoes and you have one lovely meal.
Lemony Broiled Cod Recipe
Flaky tender cod coated in a creamy lemon sauce that gets brown and crispy under the broiler. Dairy Free! Adapted from Serious Eats
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 boneless, skinless cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Heat broiler and arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay fillets in a single layer on foil. Drizzle oil over fish and rub over both sides. Lightly season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then spread over fish.
- Broil fish until cooked through and top has browned, about 5 minutes.