My lil’ jalapeno’s new favorite game is to “help” me wash dishes. This is where she pushes a chair twice her size from the other side of the room up to the sink and waits for me to turn the water on so she can fill whatever is in the sink with water and then dump all over the floor. It’s a win-win because my floor could always use a mopping and she stays distracted so I can cook.
I see her chair-pushing maneuver in action so I distractedly turn the water to a low trickle and get back to my cooking. You can imagine the professor’s surprise to walk into the kitchen and see his one-year-old with what seems to be a mini bottle of vodka up to her lips. Oops, it’s just water, I swear.
Pasta with Spicy Vodka Tomato Sauce Recipe
5 main ingredients along with some spices makes for a delicious, easy weeknight meal. Dairy free!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 (24-ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 small dried red chiles, crumbled
- 1 pound pasta, spaghetti or penne
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic starts to brown. Take pan off heat and add vodka. Return pan to heat and scrape any browned bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, and chiles and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile bring a large pot of heavily-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and toss with sauce. Taste and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
leave a reply