- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 300°F. Spread almonds on a oven-safe frying pan and toast until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine 1/4 cup nuts, basil, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. With motor running, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup of the olive oil until a smooth sauce has formed. Chop remaining nuts and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add rigatoni and cook according to package instructions. Add green beans during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Drain, saving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water to the pasta pot. Add pasta, pesto and green beans. Toss to combine. Add more cooking liquid if it seems dry. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Serve with chopped almonds on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g