Spicy Butternut Squash Bisque Recipe
Ginger, hot curry powder, and coconut milk flavor this creamy vegan butternut squash soup recipe.
Adapted from Graham Elliot
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup shaoxing or mirin
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once shimmering, add ginger, onion, and garlic and season with salt. Cook until vegetables are tender and just starting to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for pumpkin seeds) stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until squash is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in the blender until smooth. Return soup to pot and season with salt to taste. Serve garnished with pumpkin seeds.