- 1 large bunch broccoli, florets chopped into bite-sized pieces and stems peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick coins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add broccoli and blanch until a knife goes through easily, but a fork still meets some resistance, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and spread in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until just starting to brown, about 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until broccoli is hot. Serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g