- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large head red cabbage, or a mixture of red and green, cut into large dice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once shimmering add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add garlic and cook a couple minutes more.
- Add cabbage and season again with salt and pepper. Lower heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar and cumin and lower heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, until the juices are syrupy and cabbage is soft, about 10 minutes more. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 7gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g