We’re wrapping up the holidays this weekend. Did you have a fun New Year’s? We went sledding just as the sun was setting on New Year’s Eve. We raced down the hill as snow was gently falling all around us and when it got too dark to see what part of the hill was bumpy and what part of the hill was smooth we headed home for hot chocolate (the kids) and a glass of wine (me), and some whiskey on ice (The Professor). I don’t need to tell you I was not awake for the ball drop.
It’s time to start looking to the year ahead, but before we do, let’s take a look back at some of my favorites from last week.
- Sprouted Kitchen’s food styling is extraordinary and so are these noodles with mushroom bolognese
- While we’re on the subject of pasta, let’s discuss this lasagna Heather made. I cannot tell you how long I’ve been looking for a dairy-free lasagna that didn’t taste like crap and tofu. I think this is it! Oh, it’s also gluten and egg free too!
- One of my New Year’s resolutions is to master these blueberry morning buns via Todd, via Sarah.
- Those folks over at The Kitchn are so clever! I loved their collection of boxed wine cocktails. Here’s Red, White, and Rose.
- What I wish I’d been drinking on New Years.
- This totally objective list of 7 turkey fryer fire videos.
- I know we’re supposed to be all healthy and shit now but these brownie cookies? I mean come on.
- And because we’re supposed to be all healthy and shit Catherine’s chopped Brussels sprout salad looks pretty damn good.
- Gaby’s winter bruschetta bar is probably supposed to be for entertaining but it looks like an easy weeknight dinner to me.
- Who’s ready to take Lisa’s Real Food Pledge?
Have a great week!
leave a reply