Since there is no vegetable more officially spring-y than asparagus, I decided to make this stir-fry in celebration of all things green (especially ones that pop up from underground).
Tofu and Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe
Tofu and asparagus come together in this quick and flavorful stir-fry with roasted cashews, fresh herbs, and ginger. Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch thick-by-2-inch long slices
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted cashews
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, lime zest and juice, and soy sauce; stir until smooth and set aside. Heat one tablespoon sesame oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Remove tofu to a large plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan and add green onions, ginger, chili flakes, asparagus, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until asparagus turns bright green (a couple of minutes). Return tofu to the pan along with the hoisin sauce mixture and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat and stir in cashews, mint and basil. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 18g
leave a reply