- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 quarts low-sodium broth, vegetable, chicken, or beef
- 1 medium carrot, medium dice
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen English peas
- Freshly grated Parmesan and torn basil leaves for serving
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add eggs. Slowly incorporate flour into eggs from the sides of the well until a sticky dough forms. With your hands knead the dough until the bowl has been wiped clean of all the flour.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and continue kneading the dough until it feels soft and elastic. If it feels sticky, add more flour as you go. Place dough in a plastic bag and let rest at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Leave one piece out and return the rest to the plastic bag. Using the least amount of flour possible, roll out the dough, stretching and turning as you go, until it is 1/8-inch thick. Set aside and repeat with remaining dough pieces.
- With a knife, cut pasta sheets into 1-inch wide-by-2-inch long strips. Place strips in a single layer on a baking sheet and set aside. The pasta can be made up to 3 hours in advance, leave uncovered at room temperature to dry.
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook until barely tender. Add pasta, cabbage, and peas and stir to break-up any pasta that might be stuck together. Cook at a low boil until pasta is tender, but not mushy, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a few torn basil leaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 561Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 1124mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 36g