Come summer, try them outside too—no smokiness would be lost on these bad boys.Print
Vinegar and Spice Oven Ribs Recipe
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed lemon zest, from about 4 medium lemons
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 full racks baby back ribs, about 5 pounds
- Remove the thin skin that lines the back of each rib and discard. Place remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Coat ribs evenly with rub on both sides, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange rack in lower and upper third of oven. While oven is heating line 2 baking sheets with foil and place ribs in a single layer on baking sheets. Cover tightly with foil and set aside until oven is hot.
- Bake ribs 45 minutes, then remove the foil and rotate pans. Bake another 45 minutes or until tender and browned.