This simple and versatile slaw makes an appearance on our table quite frequently. We pile it in tacos and on top of tostadas and serve it alongside everything from black bean cakes to grilled pork chops. If you have one non-mayo based coleslaw in your back pocket, this should be it. If you prefer a spicier slaw, add a couple jalapeño chiles (leave the seeds in if you really like the heat).
This slaw is even good on the go; slice and combine all the vegetables and bring the dressing separately . Toss the coleslaw with the dressing when you’re ready to serve.
Cilantro-Lime Coleslaw Recipe
A light and crunchy slaw with lots of fresh-squeezed lime juice, cilantro, and crunchy cabbage and carrots. Dairy and gluten free!
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned or grated
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cumin in a medium bowl and whisk to dissolve salt in mixture. While continuously whisking slowly drizzle in oil until fully incorporated. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!