The first year of marriage is hard. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. Don’t let making dinner every night become a source of stress. I can help you save time and money with organizational tips, equipment suggestions, and healthy, delicious recipes.
What Is Well Groomed?
Well Groomed is my newlywed cooking consultation service that helps couples start married life on the right foot with tips, recipes, and private cooking lessons from a professional chef, wife, and mother who has been married for 16 years.
Who Am I?
My name is Kate Ramos and I am a professional chef, wife, and mother. I have been happily married for 16 years and know how hard those first years of marriage can be when you are trying to create a life together. Believe it or not, but having a well organized kitchen is half the battle. I have 30 years of professional experience as a restaurant chef, food editor, and recipe developer that has helped me hone in on what is necessary in the kitchen and what is a waste of time and money.
Becoming A Confident Cook Is Worth The Investment
When you have the skill set to open the refrigerator or pantry and make a meal with whatever is in there, you will end up saving thousands of dollars a year on the take out you didn’t order and the groceries you didn’t throw away. Knowing how to stock your kitchen with basic supplies and the right equipment makes cooking so much easier and I can set you up for success.
For clients who are new home owners or are living together for the first time:
If you need a little advice, tailored to YOU – let’s chat about a Walk Through.
- At-home private session getting all your questions answered as you make your way into married life.
- We will dive into what your cooking concerns are as a couple and set you up for a lifetime of happiness in the kitchen.
- Discuss an overall strategy for your kitchen (aka create an action plan), build your pantry, advise on essential tools, how to shop without wasting food, simple recipe suggestions
- Recommendations for organizational materials and equipment
- Personalized follow-up email with a recap of recommendations, easy recipes, and a cooking bucket list to work on together
Los Angeles Area In-Home Walk Through (70 mile radius from Ventura, CA) – Starting at $480
For clients who are novice cooks:
This session includes:
- One at-home private session discussing all the organizational assistance featured in my Walk Through package
- A second at-home, private, couples cooking class featuring 3 weeknight recipes catered specifically to the couples tastes and dietary needs
- Personalized follow-up email with a recap of recommendations, a recipe book featuring the recipes we cooked in class, and a cooking bucket list to work on together
- Cooking class will focus on knife skills and cooking techniques couples can use again and again to create easy meals
- I will shop and bring all ingredients needed for the cooking class
Los Angeles Area In-Home First Look Class (70 mile radius from Ventura, CA) – Starting at $880
For clients who want to become passionate cooks:
This is a 4 visit package
First at-home visit includes the organizational assistance of our Walk Through package including essential equipment list and my favorite pantry essentials everyone should have
Second at-home visit is our first cooking class focusing on 3 essential weeknight recipes catered specifically to the couples tastes and dietary needs
Third at-home visit is our second cooking class focusing on 3 date night recipes
Fourth at-home visit is our third private couples cooking class focusing on 3 dinner party recipes
Personalized follow-up email with a recap of recommendations, a recipe book featuring the recipes we cooked in class, and a cooking bucket list to work on together
- Personalized meal plan for a month customized to the couples dietary needs including suggested shopping list and recipes
I will shop and bring all ingredients needed for the cooking classes
Los Angeles Area In-Home Black Tie Package (70 mile radius from Ventura, CA) – Starting at $2080
Book your complimentary consult or contact Kate below to get started.