This Blueberry Coconut Banana Pancakes recipe was sponsored by Juicy Juice. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.
Spring is almost here!!!
And with it comes spring break!
We won’t be going anywhere this year. Not when all the spring break-y type stuff can be done right here at home (living five minutes from the beach has lots and lots of perks). Nope, this year we are staycationing it all the way. We’ll be hitting the beach, doing some hiking, and most importantly, sleeping in followed by luxuriously lazy and indulgent breakfasts.
Tropical Spring Break Pancakes
Even if you don’t live within a stone’s throw of the beach you can still pretend to be in paradise with a tall stack of tropical pancakes. Filled with flakes of coconut, blueberries, and ripe bananas you won’t mind at all that you’re not in a lounge chair by the shore. Okay, more accurately, you’ll mind less.
How to make dairy-free pancakes
These beauties are not your typical, thick buttermilk pancakes. I used Juicy Juice 100% Berry juice to keep them light and (bonus) dairy-free! I partner with Juicy Juice a lot because I love that their juice has no added sugar and is a healthy alternative for my kids when they are craving juice to drink.
In addition to always having Juicy Juice around for sticking into lunch boxes or afternoon snacks, I also love to have it on hand for adding into recipes. Because it is pure juice, the flavors really come through in whatever I add it to. Whether that be Green Chili Chicken Meatballs or Chicharrones de Harina & Caramel Corn Snack Mix.
Psst, you don’t have to thaw frozen blueberries…..
These Blueberry Coconut Banana Pancakes are no exception. Using Juicy Juice 100% Berry juice in the batter gives them an extra berry kick. Combine this with whole blueberries (you can use fresh or frozen—which by the way you don’t have to thaw out before adding to the batter) and you really have the berriest blueberry pancakes ever.
But why stop there? While we’re getting all fancy with our pancakes it seems only right to start the batter with a mashed, very ripe banana and coconut, yes we definitely need to add coconut—whole and milked. Now, we have the perfect spring break pancake, I do declare.Print
Blueberry Coconut Banana Pancakes
Celebrate spring with a tall stack of blueberry coconut banana pancakes! Made with Juicy Juice 100% Berry juice, coconut milk, blueberries, and coconut.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, (plus more for cooking)
- 3/4 cup Juicy Juice 100% Berry Juice
- 3/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, (plus more for garnish)
- butter and syrup, (for serving)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mash the banana with a fork then whisk in the egg, 1/3 cup oil, Juicy Juice 100% Berry juice, and coconut milk. Add dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in coconut and blueberries.
- Toast some extra coconut in a dry pan over medium heat if you’d like for topping the pancakes. Remove from pan immediately after it is golden brown to prevent from burning.
- Heat a teaspoon or so of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Ladle pancake batter into pan and cook until bubbles start rising to the top of the pancake and they are golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until cooked through, about a minute more.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve pancakes warm with butter, syrup, toasted coconut, and blueberries.
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!