These weeks have left me feeling completely drained, have you been feeling the same? After a couple hours of breakfast, bed-making, dishwashing, email checking, shirt-changing…..and changing again, I’m ready to call it quits—is it time for bed yet?
Not for another 8 hours?
Jeez Louise, I’m not going to make it.
Is this what being a grown-ass woman is all about?! ‘Cause I’m pretty sure in my 20’s I thought it was about having tropical cocktails at happy hour and then a glorious dinner followed by maybe some dancing at the club then doing it all over again the next night. Now I can’t even imagine doing that…..I can barely stay up ’til 9:30.
Louisa asked me the other day why I never wear my high heels and I pathetically told her that I never go anywhere where heels would be considered appropriate attire. Is it wrong to join a church just so you’ll have a place to wear heels? Probably.
At least I can occasionally manage the tropical cocktail part during Casa Ramos Happy Hour, or in this case a tropical cocktail at 11am which the Professor and I drank while cleaning out the basement. Woohoo! Grown-ass woman indeed!!
- 2 limes, cut into small pieces, plus some extra lime wedges for serving
- 3/4 simple syrup
- 2 cups cachaca
- 1 1/2 cups sour cherry juice
- Ice, to serve
- Frozen cherries, to serve (optional)
- Place limes in the bottom of a pitcher. Using a muddler or a wooden spoon, press down on the limes until they release their juice.
- Add syrup, cachaca, and cherry juice and stir to combine. You can cover and refrigerate at this point up to an hour in advance or add ice and serve immediately with frozen cherries in each glass.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 6 drinks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g