Mother nature has granted us a truly fantastic week!
To cap it off and send you into an even more fabulous weekend, head on over to one of my all-time favorite sites, With Style and Grace, where I’m sharing an exceptional salad that you are probably going to want to make in the next couple of days (with it being all warm and sunny and stuff).
This salad has tender baby kale leaves, crunchy roasted peanuts, creamy queso fresco, and a tangy dressing made up of shallots, lime zest, fresh mint, and apple cider vinegar. So, so, so good! And just what you want to eat while sitting in the sun thawing out your frozen bones.
While you’re over on Lisa’s blog, make sure you check out the Pasta with Crispy Artichoke Hearts and Chicken which I can personally vouch as being outstanding (I have made it more times than I care to admit). Also Cornflake Marshmallow Cookies, and Chocolate Chip and Strawberry Pancakes. Did I mention that these are all gluten-free?!! Yep. She’s pretty much a genius so go…now!
But, wait! Come back here on Monday, cause we need to start talking about our gardening plans, and I have a super fun St. Patty’s Day drink for the kiddos. ‘Umkay? Have a great weekend everybody!
Salad bowl by Armando Ramos
Kale Salad with Roasted Peanuts and Queso Fresco
For the Dressing:
- 1 shallot, minced
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the Salad:
- 4 cups baby kale, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
To Make the Dressing:
- Combine shallots, lime zest, mint, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to combine. Taste and add more salt or vinegar as needed.
To Make the Salad:
- Toss all the ingredients with half of the salad dressing in a large bowl. Add more dressing to your liking. Enjoy!