¡Happy Sunday Amigos!
Oh my, what a crazy summer it has been! I’ve lost count of how many Sundays I’ve missed spending with you. There has been so much I’ve been wanting to share; about the move, about Louisa turning eight (she got her ears pierced guys—at Claire’s; where else?! I’ve been wanting to talk with you about the political scene and hear your thoughts on all this gun violence and the fear that comes in its wake. About how Hiro wanted to take his toy gun to the park and I said no because it looked too much like a real one—Mother’s are you with me? Is that where we’re at now?
What are your plans for the week? Heading out on vacation? Where to? I want to know hear all about it when you get back! We are staying put (Thank God!). I feel like I haven’t stopped moving since May. If you are looking ahead to a week at home with mouths to feed, I’ve got 10 new recipes you’ll want to make. Have a great week everyone! xoxo, Kate
- Mondays are made for nachos. Nachos Al Pastor from Host the Toast
- Part sorbet, part semifreddo, all of it frozen and delicious. Watermelon Lime Bars from Not Without Salt
- Have you ever had socca? These are like a very thin version with crispy edges. Homemade Chickpea Flatbread from Food In Jars
- File this one under; how I’m going to use up avocados this week. Requeson Stuffed Avocados with Pistachios and Sesame Seeds from Nibbles and Feasts
- Made a big batch of these for Louisa’s birthday party. Killer drink guys. Ginger Beer Cherry Vodka Soda from Half Baked Harvest
- Soup in the summer? I know, but this is for the mid-week-comfort-food-blues. Mexican Pasta Soup with Vegetables from Mexico In My Kitchen
- Combining my two favorite summertime foods into one delicious mash-up. BLT Potato Salad from Heather Christo Cooks
- Here’s what you are going to take to your sister’s BBQ next week. Tart Cherry Tabbouleh from Love and Lemons
- Okay, I’ll admit, the name alone makes me love this recipe. But then there’s the cilantro, and chiles, and so much citrus…..Papi Chulo Sauce from Honestly Yum
- Call all your friends and plan a party next weekend. Your menu can be found here: Mexican BBQ Menu from Mexican Food Memories