These Churro Bacon Waffles were created in partnership with Farmer John. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.
Okay, question: What is your favorite way to celebrate during the holidays? For me, a long, luxurious holiday brunch is always the way to go. I love lounging around sipping coffee, eating all the waffles, and chatting with friends with no other plans for the day except maybe later taking a nap.
If you’re on team brunch too then make sure you take a peek at my Mexican-Inspired Holiday Brunch because I think you are going to want to make that happen this holiday season.
The star of the show for that menu are these insanely delicious Churro Bacon Waffles.
Churro waffles have always been a dream of mine, but when Farmer John asked if I’d like to partner up on a few fun holiday ideas using their hardwood-smoked bacon and breakfast sausage I knew how to make the idea of churro waffles even better! (Is that possible? Yes, I believe it is.)
How To Make Churro Bacon Waffles
Churro Bacon Waffles are actually pretty simple. The first step is to cook up some legendary Farmer John bacon (I like to use thick-cut) until nice and perfectly crisp. Then chop the bacon into small pieces and set that aside, trying very hard not to eat it all before you even get around to making the waffle batter.
The next step is to make a buttery, whole wheat waffle batter sweetened with maple syrup. Fold the crispy bacon into the waffle batter and cook in your waffle iron until crispy and golden on the outside and delightfully chewy in the middle.
And last, once the warm waffles come out of the waffle iron, brush generously with butter and sprinkle even more generously with cinnamon-sugar. Serve at once with more butter, whipped cream, and lots of maple syrup.Print
Churro Bacon Waffles
Churro Bacon Waffles are quite literally the best waffle ever. Whole wheat waffles with crisp bacon, brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar. Serve hot with lots of butter, whipped cream, and maple syrup. Perfect for holiday brunch with fruit, breakfast sausage links, and scrambled eggs.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 (12-ounce package) Farmer John® Thick-Cut Premium Bacon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup melted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Baking spray, for greasing
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook Farmer John® Thick-Cut Premium Bacon in batches in a large frying pan over medium heat until browned and crisp on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Combine both flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Use a whisk to break up any lumps.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, egg, 1/2 cup of the melted butter, and the maple syrup. Whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined with a rubber spatula. Fold in Farmer John Thick-Cut Premium Bacon.
- Grease hot waffle iron with baking spray and ladle batter into waffle iron.
- While waffles are cooking, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the waffles are golden and toasted, brush both sides of the waffles with remaining melted butter and generously sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar on both sides. Serve hot with butter, whipped cream, and syrup.
One last thing…
What do you think? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram! Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!