Mama asked me if I would write this post for her today because she says she’s too tired and doesn’t have anything to say. She says Papa kept her up all night talking and now she just wants to take a nap. I don’t know why she just doesn’t tell him to be quiet and go to bed like she tells me.
Anyway, now she’s in her room “resting her eyes” and I’m out here on the computer. Just give me a second…………
HEY YOU GUYS
Have you had these cookies? They’re kinda good. I liked licking the dough off of the spatula the best.
That’s it. Good bye.
*All opinions expressed by Louisa are her own. These cookies are actually very good, just maybe a bit rich and indulgent for a 4-year-old’s palate.Print
Guest Post: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies by Louisa
Recipe from Veggie and the Beast
- Yield: 20 Cookies 1x
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large saucepan filled halfway with water to a simmer over low heat. Combine chopped unsweetened chocolate and butter in a glass bowl and set over the pan of simmering water. Stir chocolate frequently until it melts, then immediately remove from the heat.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until all is incorporated.
- Combine eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat together with a whisk until eggs are fluffy and sugar is dissolved. Slowly mix in melted chocolate then add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Mix until everything is combined.
- Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and beat together until fluffy.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat and scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, spreading them about an inch apart. Roll them into balls then flatten the balls with the palm of your hand. Drop a teaspoon-sized ball of the peanut butter filling in the middle of the cookie then top with another heaping teaspoon of cookie dough. With wet fingers, cover the peanut butter with the cookie dough and seal the edges. Transfer formed cookies and remaining dough to the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with pretzel crumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are firm (it will still be soft in the middle). Let sit on the tray for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.