In honor of this delightful book and it’s loads of peanut butter sandwiches I’ve cooked up an equally delightful peanut butter recipe. Okay, I didn’t really cook it up, because guess what? There’s no cooking involved! It is so easy I literally made it in 5 minutes (way less time than it takes to go to the store and buy yourself some peanut butter…ahem).
If you get pumped about making your own nut butters (like I did after I realized how easy it was) I’ve included some links below for some other fun recipes. If you want to make plain peanut butter just omit the cocoa powder and graham crackers (you can leave in the honey depending on your tastes) and proceed.
If you like this recipe, give these others a try:
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cinnamon graham crackers, broken into pieces
- Combine peanuts and cocoa powder in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Turn processor for about 1-2 minutes or until peanuts are finely chopped and have gathered in a ball.
- Add honey and oil and process again until smooth. Add graham crackers and pulse until they have blended into the peanut butter. Transfer to a container, seal and refrigerate until ready to use. Peanut butter will keep covered in the refrigerator about 2 weeks, maybe longer, warm for a minute or two in the microwave if it gets too hard.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g