No milk, no cream, no butter, no cheese—NO CHEESE! Most of the time I am fine with it, it is much healthier after all. But here is my secret. When I get together with my mom friends I always offer to bring food and I always make the creamiest thing I can imagine. It keeps me sane and satiated.
Lately, I have been craving mashed potatoes, but I felt like a bowl of mashed potatoes wasn’t the most practical main dish, so I made these lovely twice-baked potatoes instead.
Lemon-Thyme Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
The popular side dish recipe ready for spring with lemon, thyme, cream cheese, and smoked paprika.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prick top of each potato a few times with a fork, and bake directly on oven rack until easily pierced with a paring knife, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop flesh into a medium bowl, leaving 1/4-inch border all around. Set shells aside. Combine flesh with remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher until relatively smooth and combined.
- Refill shells with potato mixture. Cook until potato is soft and filling is lightly browned on top, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
leave a reply