- I want my children to shout “Hooray!” whenever I announce what’s for dinner…..no matter what’s for dinner.
- I want to drink a glass of stellar red wine on a regular basis without feeling like I have a hypnotist sitting on my shoulder saying “you’re getting sllleeepppyyy”.
- I want all children to calmly and without protest go to bed at 8pm every night for the rest of their lives.
- I don’t want any more of those days when I look in the mirror and think My God I look old, tired, fat…you fill in the blank.
- I want to be wearing no more than two layers of clothing by the end of May.
- I want more compassion and less frustration.
- I want to laugh more and worry less.
- I want words of wisdom to freely flow from my lips when faced with questions such as “Mama, what are slaves?” and “Why do people kill each other?”
- I want to listen more and critique less.
- I want to have the courage to raise children who understand the world can be a brutal place but that’s okay, they should not be afraid, sometimes the struggle is the blessing.
- I want more love and less guilt.
- I want my kids to go through life feeling loved, protected, proud, and humble.
- And I want to eat Lime Raspberry Poppy Seed Muffins, warm out of oven, slathered with butter and that is all.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for dusting
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces (1 heaping cup) raspberries
- Heat oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners. Combine sugar and lime zest in a medium bowl and rub together with your fingers until the lime zest in coated in sugar and the sugar smells like limes.
- Add the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vinegar, eggs, vanilla, oil, and lime juice.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and combine with a rubber spatula until most of the flour is mixed in. Add the raspberries and gently fold them in, being careful not to break them up too much.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups (they will be mostly full) and generously sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack and serve warm with butter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g