Hi Friends and Happy Sunday!
How was your week?
As happy as I was to have the kids back in school last week, it was a bit exhausting trying to get back into the routine.
I spent all day yesterday recouping with a little garden therapy. I planted some Mexican tarragon, torpedo onions, and lemon verbena. Just a few things that can add spark to my favorite Mexican food recipes.
The last time I had a garden was in North Dakota, so the possibility of planting and growing food year round, here in Southern California, feels like such a gift. I’ve got big plans for garlic and bay leaves. I’ll keep you posted.
In the kitchen this week, I’ve got more big plans. I’ve been experiencing a resurgence of cooking energy and found myself diving headfirst into projects that seemed overwhelming not that long ago. A few are Mexican food recipes like these Tetelas from Life, Limón, y Sal and others just simple treats like Lime Poppy Seed Muffins for breakfast and fried chicken for dinner.
We’ve been trying to eat more vegetarian meals in an effort to be healthier and care for the environment. Hopefully this will be reflected in our weekly recipe round-up. In addition to the three vegetarian mains listed below, my Deep Dish Black Bean Enchilada Casserole is always welcome at the end of a long day. I don’t think I need to point out it’s inauthentic nature—more lasagna than enchilada—but that’s just the sort of Mexican-American mash-up you’ve come to love from these parts.
Have a great week and don’t forget to let me know if you try any of the recipes below by tagging them #10recipestotry!
- The Best Fish Ceviche from No Spoon Necessary
- Zucchini Basil Pesto from Sarcastic Cooking
- Arroz y Frijoles from Sweet Life
- Vegan Burrito Bowl from The Almond Eater
- Triple Herb Chicken & Zucchini Skewers from Zestful Kitchen
- Cold Thai Noodle Salad from The Modern Proper
- Banh Mi Meatball Sandwiches from My Diary of Us
- Strawberry Fields Forever Margarita from Drinking with Chickens
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Harissa Yogurt from Feasting At Home
- Shrimp Tacos from The Blond Cook