This Mezcal Punch recipe is the big-batch holiday cocktail you’ve been waiting for! With lots of citrus, ginger beer, pineapple juice, and mint it is the perfect drink to share with friends.
The inspiration for this drink came from one of my favorite sites, A Thought For Food.
Awhile back Brian posted a gorgeous scaled-down mezcal cocktail with loads of citrus, honey, and of all things, sesame oil.
I’m always on the hunt for mezcal inspiration and this one was a gem.
Mezcal Punch For A Crowd
I wanted to use these flavors but in a drink I can make for a crowd.
We all know the secret to a successful party is a signature cocktail but no one wants to play bartender all night, especially on Thanksgiving when you are also roasting a turkey, mashing potatoes, whisking gravy, and negotiating family drama at the same time.
I think you’re going to like what I came up with.
It’s simple but sophisticated with smoky undertones from the mezcal, a little fizz from the ginger beer, and bright notes from the citrus.
If you’re feeling fancy this ice ring is beautiful and a snap to put together and freeze the night before.
How To Make A Pretty Ice Ring
A flashy way to keep your Mezcal Punch chilled is a gorgeous ice ring for the punch bowl.
Lucky for us, they are super simple to make.
- Use a tube pan, bundt pan, or ring mold cake pan. Make sure it doesn’t have a removable bottom or the water will leak through.
- Layer citrus slices, fresh cranberries, or any other flavors that would taste good with the cocktail. Edible flowers are always nice.
- Fill half way with water and freeze (this is best done the night before to make sure it freezes completely).
- When you are ready to serve, pop ring out of the pan by running hot water over the bottom until it comes out.
Easy Big-Batch Mezcal Punch
If you haven’t gotten your drink sitch planned out yet friends, this Mezcal Punch just might be it. If you make it let me know! Share a photo and tag me on Instagram using @holajalapeno and #holajalapeno so that I can see your stuff! ¡Salúd!Print
Mezcal Holiday Punch Recipe
Inspired by A Thought For Food This drink is made for holiday entertaining. Mix it together then set it out for guests to help themselves.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 10-12 drinks 1x
For the ice ring:
- 4–5 cups water
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 clementine, sliced
For the punch:
- 2 cups mezcal
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles ginger beer
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Orange wedges, for garnish
- The night before combine all the ingredients for the ice ring in a 10-inch tube pan or similar pan and freeze.
- Right before serving combine all punch ingredients in a bowl large enough to fit the ice ring. Place the bottom of the ice ring in hot water long enough to release. Place ice in bowl and serve each drink with an orange wedge and a sprig of mint.
In support of this small business, ¡Hola! Jalapeño earns revenue in a few different ways. Several sponsored posts are published each month. I also earn an affiliate commission on the sales of products I link to— there are a few of those links in this post. I only feature items I genuinely love and personally use on a regular basis. This commission is an arrangement between the retailer and ¡Hola! Jalapeño (readers never pay more for products). This income allows me to run the site. Thank you for reading!