This Spicy Jalapeño Michelada Post was sponsored by Rio Luna Organic Peppers. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.
Cinco de Mayo is here!! And while I find this hard to believe, there are actually people who don’t care for tequila, or furthermore, margaritas (huh?). They need not be left out in the cold, because an authentic michelada is every bit as Mexican as a margarita and just as delicious!
Why This Spicy Jalapeño Michelada is THE BEST!
While all micheladas are spicy (if not, they are just called a Chelada, FYI), these micheladas are a step above the rest because they have the acidic kick of pickled peppers AND their juice. I love the tang of Rio Luna Organic Jalapeños. There are a lot of canned jalapeños on the market but Rio Luna peppers are certified organic, GMO-free, and kosher making them ultra-fresh, super flavorful, and most importantly—SPICY!!
Pick up a jar at your favorite grocery store and taste the difference of a pepper that is lovingly cared for from the seed to the jar with the highest attention to detail. They give this michelada serious oomph in the flavor department, making them well, just the best.
Is a Bloody Mary the Same As A Michelada?
Short answer, no. Here’s the difference:
- A Michelada’s alcohol source is beer making this an easy sipper that is super refreshing but light on liquor.
- While they both have a mixture of flavored tomato juice as a base, the michelada is heavy on fresh-squeezed lime juice and spice, in this case from jalapeño peppers and their juice.
- While Bloody Mary’s rely on the garnishes, the rim is key to a Michelada. Rubbing the outside of the glass with a lime and dipping it in Tajín adds flavor and heat.
So what are you waiting for? Pick up a can of Rio Luna Organic Jalapeño Peppers and ¡Vamos a la fiesta!
Spicy Jalapeño Michelada
This is the best Spicy Jalapeño Michelada beer cocktail you will ever try, flavored with fiery Rio Luna Organic Jalapeños, their pickling liquid and lots of lime.
- Rio Luna Organic Sliced Jalapeños
- Tajín seasoning
- lime wedges
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon pickling liquid from the jar of the Rio Luna Organic Jalapeños
- heavy dash Worcestershire sauce
- a few grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) cold pale lager beer
- kale leaf, for garnish
Rub 1 lime wedge around the rim of a pint glass. Dip in Tajín and fill glass 3/4 of the way full with ice.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add lime juice, tomato juice, pickling liquid, Worcestershire, and black pepper. Shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glass. Top with beer.
Garnish with lime wedges and Rio Luna Organic Jalapeños.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
One More Thing
Did you love this post? I want to know! Leave me a comment and snap a photo for Instagram. Tag @holajalapeno so I can see your beautiful creation! Your feedback is super important to me. If you run into trouble shoot me a message on Instagram and I’ll walk you through it.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, lots of good stuff there too!
leave a reply